Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

10 Things about Me

Did you know that I am Candace Olsen's daughter? Nah, not really. I'm just kidding.

I think a huge part of blogging is meeting new people and making new friends. So, in my attempt to reach out to you, I'm going to share ten things about me that you don't know. If I start struggling at number three seven, stick with me.

1. I live in Alabama in a small town that is home to NASCAR drivers Davey Allison and Neil Bonnett. If you are a serial killer coming to find me, I'm at least going to make you look it up!

2. I have the most adorable six year old in the world. He is the sweetest, loving kid in the world to everyone except my niece. For some reason, he doesn't always reciprocate her love for him. We are working on it.

3. I was married for 8 years and got divorced after my ex-husband and I decided we made better friends than a couple. As terrible of a situation that divorce is, I could not have asked for anything better for me and my little guy. I have recently gotten remarried to my bestest friend and now I get to have the life that I always wanted. My husband is the peas in my carrots!

4. I have 3 sisters and a brother. They are my sisters and brother. I cannot stand when someone refers to them as "half" or "step".

5. I come from a long line of DIYers. Last week my mom was rebuilding the engine of an 18 wheeler and this week she is laying hardwood floor in her bedroom. My dad is redoing the floor in his shop with some paint/epoxy/color fleck stuff. My mom says that my grandfather could build or fix anything. I never got to meet him (He was killed when my mom was pregnant with me) but he must have been pretty awesome for my mom to know all she does.

6. I have never tweeted or twittered or whatever you call it. I don't know why. I love online social networking but I've never gotten into it. Should I?

7. I love Alabama football. It's really kind of funny because as huge as football is here, I never had an interest in it until last year. I always played softball and loved baseball. Football didn't make sense to me because I didn't understand the game until my hubs got me interested. He has taught me the game, and tries to teach me the rules, and now I love it. Come game time, don't mess with mama!

8. I used to drag race. My first husband has an obsession with cars and that became our life. It was my life until our son was born and we'll, it's still his life. We souped up my little Civic, made a 5speed out of an automatic, and had that little thing sounding like a swarm of bees on crack! He would race it often and one night, I told him I was. Talk about nervous. I though I was going to pee on myself in the staging lane. I made it though. I didn't crash. I actually won my race and got back in line to do it again... after a trip to the port-o-potty!

9. I'm an extreme couponer. I follow Southern Savers and when I try hard, I can spend less than $40.00 a week on groceries and have a huge stockpile. Everyone laughs at me because I have 30 things of toothpaste (that were all free) and 20 razors (that were all free). My dad says he's going to get me a shirt printed that says "Don't get in line behind me. I coupon!"

10. I have a irrational, crazy, don't-come-near-me-with-that-thing fear of needles. I'm 30. I know I should be past that by now, but I'm not. I don't think I ever will. I was planning to never have kids because I didn't think I could have an IV & epidural. Turns out, I had to have a C-Section, so I had to have both. I was RH-negative so I got 2 more lovely injections of Rhogam and I failed my glucose test so I had to have the 3 hour test which meant 4 more sticks. After all that, I'm still not over my fear but I am almost positive I won't be having more kids!

Whew, that wasn't so hard! Do we have anything in common? What surprised you most?

coastal cavegirl  – (September 16, 2010 at 7:44 PM)  

I just moved from Alabama! I lived in a little town right outside of Birmingham.

I too, have never tweeted. Thought about it though!

And of course....ROLL TIDE!! :)

Reunion Committee  – (September 17, 2010 at 8:35 AM)  

Totally agree on # 4. Never will my girls say "half" anything. I never tweeted and I have no desire, although I do love FB lol
Coupons?? OBSESSED. Wont shop unless I have them. lol Needles make me faint. need I say more lol
Loved your list!
~Tana

kelley @ the eclectic owl  – (September 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM)  

We have lots in common! First off, I know several people from Hueytown...not that I've kept up with them over the years though - oops! So fantastic that you are married to your best friend :) I think that is so important!

I can't agree with you more on #4. I have two brothers and they are both my brothers - not my half brother and my whole brother.

I didn't start using twitter until a few months ago and I have to say I love it. I love it way more than facebook. You must try it.

I am also a coupon-a-holic. Nice to know you are too ;)

I graduated from Alabama! I have met several Bama fans through my blog! And I must say ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer  – (September 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM)  

I don't tweet, and refuse to learn. Also, and this shocks a lot of people, I don't text. Hate it. And I hate when people are so wrapped up in their smartphones that they completely forget the people they are physically around. I think that is probably one of the most obnoxious trends today.

I am a major Dallas Cowboys fan because of my husband. I grew up a Penn State and Notre Dame fan because I am from PA, but when I started dating my husband (18 years ago), I became a Cowboys fan and now I bleed Cowboy Blue. I'm actually bleeding a LOT of Cowboy blue these days and am not happy about it.

I am an obsessive bargain shopper and trying to get better about couponing. I remember my mother being a champion couponer when I was a kid - and doing the mail in rebates. We saved EVERY label in our house, and she had bags of labels and UPCs filed away in the basement for rebates. This was well before the internet - I remember seeing couponing / rebating magazines in our house for years. But I try never to pay full price for just about everything, especially online. I too have been mocked for stocking up when things are on sale or I have coupons. My husband laughs - Just because it's on sale doesn't mean you need to buy it.

And finally, I was terrified of needles. Passed out every single time one was even in my general vicinity. Until I got pregnant and had gestational diabetes, and that cured me (mostly) of my fear of needles. That sort of thing happens when you're injecting insulin up to 5x a day.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.