Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Fun Fall Fabric Wreath


Since we've had a cold front come through the deep south (Cold being a relative term, it's still in the 90's during the day!) I decided to start working on my Fall decor in preparation for our First Annual Pumpkin Carving Party in October. I saw this idea at A Little Bit of Everything and wanted to try one a little more neutral so I started with some linen type fabric I picked up from the fabric bin at the thrift store a few weeks ago and a wire coat hanger.


I began cutting the fabric into 1.5ish" x 7ish" strips. I wasn't precise because in the end, it didn't matter.



I bent the wire hanger into a round shape and twisted the wires together to secure my loop. Then I began tying the strips in a double knot around the hanger. Pretty high tech stuff here! I kid, I kid! Skills required... absolutely zero! It's so easy a caveman could do it.



The result, a warm and inviting wreath to hang on the front door.


When it gets a little closer to Halloween, I may attach one of my black birds (Is it a crow or a raven?) to the inside.

I love the way this turned out. It's super cute. Perfect for Fall and better than that, it didn't cost me one red cent and you can't beat free!

Linking up to these parties this week! Visit them for more great ideas!
giveawaysMaking mmm buttonBWS tips button

Reunion Committee  – (September 2, 2010 at 7:55 PM)  

I LOVE THIS WREATH! I am so stealing this idea lol
great job!!
~Tana

Yvonne @ StoneGable  – (September 2, 2010 at 9:19 PM)  

You have a great and creative and inspiring blog! I have just spent way to much time... being thoroughly enthralled by all of your wonderful ideas! I am following you. I need to keep up with all of your facinating posts!
Delighted to meet you!!!
Yvonne

A Little Bit of Everything!  – (September 3, 2010 at 1:42 PM)  

Your wreath turned out lovely! I'm you're newest follower. Check me out at A Little Bit of Everything!

A Little Bit of Everything!  – (September 3, 2010 at 1:44 PM)  

Oh, and I like your idea of using fabric to hang it with. I might have to borrow that. :)

A Little Bit of Everything!  – (September 3, 2010 at 7:30 PM)  

Doesn't that drive you nuts when you find something you like and can't remember where it came from. :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row  – (September 4, 2010 at 4:35 PM)  

Looks oh so fall-ish. I love the bird on it.

Beth  – (September 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM)  

Your wreath is so cute! So simple and welcoming. :o) I may have to be on the lookout for some fall-ish fabric and try it myself!

Sheri@childmade.com  – (September 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheri@childmade.com  – (September 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM)  

That almost resembles dried fall leaves. Well done! Thanks for sharing ... I've posted a link.

mel@livvyloowho  – (September 8, 2010 at 9:21 AM)  

This wreath reminds me of the scarecrow from WOZ! Love it!

livvyloowho.blogspot.com

Holly  – (September 14, 2010 at 12:21 PM)  

I love it! And the crow will be a perfect addition for Halloween.

KimMalk  – (September 14, 2010 at 7:20 PM)  

I really like the shabby goodness of it.

Amy Kinser  – (September 14, 2010 at 9:20 PM)  

I love your wreath! You did a great job!

With you over at CSI...

Renee  – (September 16, 2010 at 12:49 PM)  

So pretty! I'm now hunting for linen...

Lynzi  – (October 24, 2010 at 9:49 PM)  

After seeing this posted just 5 hours ago, I rushed out bought fabric and completed it just after dinner time. Thanks so much! Love it!

Though it's not as lovely as yours, I still wanted to share it in my latest post.
lilmrshousewife.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.