Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

My Pretty Fall Buffet

Remember when I showed you this?


I know I said I would do a few mini posts on a few of the transformations but since I didn't reinvent the wheel on any of this I decided to go ahead and show you the finished product.


Let's take a closer look. Remember that red mirror? I'll wait while you scroll back up... As much as I loved it red, I decided to tape it off and give it a nice coat of Krylon's Espresso Brown. I figured if I wanted to change it back red for Christmas, I could spray it back. And that green lamp? It got the same treatment. The branches got a good coat of gloss white. I was torn between white and black. Since they came from my yard, they were a funky brownish-grayish color and needed a boost. Was white the right choice? Can I just interject here and say as ready as I am for fall/winter to get here, I'm going to be sad when I can't run right outside and spray paint something on my every whim that happens almost daily.

I felt like the lamp needing a little beefing up, so I stacked 3 neutral books underneath it for a little extra height. I traded out one of the candle holder's in the concept to add a third all in matching brushed aluminum spray paint. I wrapped the candles in the same paper as the canvas just to help tie the 2 together. Add a tray to hold the spray painted pumpkins and a raven and there you have a very inexpensive fall display.

Again, the concept...


and the creation...


I plan to add a few copper sprayed pumpkins, maybe some spider webs in the branches and some wicked cute little skulls I picked up at Dollar Tree a bit closer to Halloween. I don't want to be freaking out the neighbor kids having skulls laying around in September! Keeping It SimpleThe DIY Show Offmmm buttonVisit thecsiproject.comBWS tips button MakingSumo's Sweet StuffSimpsonized Crafts

Anonymous –   – (September 13, 2010 at 6:24 PM)  

Love your mantle redo!! It does look very fallish and cozy! Like how you propped up the lamp a bit with the books and I love birds so, of course am loving the bird!

bee blessed
mary

Reunion Committee  – (September 13, 2010 at 7:31 PM)  

oh I love that! you HAVE to give tutorials!!
Can I link your fabric wreath on my blog!! I plan on making one and I want to show where I got the idea. Please?? lol
Tana

Hollyn  – (September 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM)  

Love it! And I'm so jealous of your "vision"!

Unknown  – (September 13, 2010 at 11:13 PM)  

I like the branches white...they add contrast to the dark frame around the mirror. You have motivated me to start the change over to fall on my mantle!

Korrie@RedHenHome  – (September 14, 2010 at 10:24 AM)  

Very pretty! I love your candleholders.

Anonymous –   – (September 14, 2010 at 10:27 AM)  

What a difference color makes! Great transformation, love the new color on the lamp and mirror!

silly eagle books  – (September 14, 2010 at 10:34 AM)  

how very literary! I love the "nevermore" detail!

Anonymous –   – (September 14, 2010 at 11:23 AM)  

Very inspiring mantle! I love the Poe reference...

coastal cavegirl  – (September 14, 2010 at 1:09 PM)  

Oh my goodness I LOVE it!!! The colors are so beautiful and elegant together! Oh, and Poe is my FAVORITE...I'm totally going to have to make a canvas like that! Where did you get the paper for it? Is it put on there as one big sheet?

Stopping by from the CSI Project!

www.thesimpler-life.blogspot.com

Linda Q  – (September 14, 2010 at 1:10 PM)  

Really nice, like the transformation. Don't we love what a simple change paint can make?!
All you bloggers are getting me motivated. I need to dig out my fall things and change things up this week, get in the mood for the season.
Nice blog!
Linda

Jami  – (September 14, 2010 at 6:20 PM)  

Nice redo~I love how you even wrapped the candles!
smiles!

Kathy  – (September 14, 2010 at 8:04 PM)  

I just love the transformation -Nevermore art is so cool !

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful  – (September 14, 2010 at 9:58 PM)  

LOVE this vignette! You have a gift.

Thanks for linking up with us ove at The CSI Project this week.

~Amanda

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants  – (September 14, 2010 at 10:34 PM)  

I think everything you picked was just right, I wouldn't change a thing!

the cape on the corner  – (September 15, 2010 at 9:00 AM)  

love your whole set up, especially the books propping up the lamp and the ribbon around your candles. i think i need to buy some thick ribbon and do that to my candle display, too! great inspiration!

Anonymous –   – (September 15, 2010 at 10:08 AM)  

I love it! And there's nothing wrong with having skulls out in September. I made a canvas skull print and hung it up just to take pictures but I liked it there so much that I left it. Maybe I'm just weird though. :)

Inspired by you  – (September 15, 2010 at 4:03 PM)  

What a difference! I love it. I found you over @ The CSI Project

Jill  – (September 15, 2010 at 4:22 PM)  

That looks lovely! The painted pumpkins rock!

I'd love for you to come and join my Fall link party next Friday (Sept. 24) and stop by because I'll be posting fall projects all week and featuring others too!

~JILL
http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/2010/09/fall-week.html

Meredith  – (September 15, 2010 at 7:11 PM)  

So pretty! Love the 'nevermore' sign and the painted mirror. Such a perfect look for fall.

Stopping by from the CSI Project.

-Meredith from meredithandmaggie.blogspot.com

Jill  – (September 15, 2010 at 11:35 PM)  

The whole thing looks great, but I love your shout out to Poe in it :)

Tracy  – (September 15, 2010 at 11:45 PM)  

AWESOME! I am making that "nevermore" canvas. Can we get a close up of the paper ... and please tell me what font you used. I LOVE IT!

Cap Creations  – (September 16, 2010 at 12:53 AM)  

Looks awesome! I love the crow! Great job on it all!

Amy {The Idea Room}  – (September 16, 2010 at 10:42 PM)  

I love the neutral colors and the varying height levels. It looks beautiful! Great job!

Lori  – (September 23, 2010 at 7:39 PM)  

It looks great! LOVE the nevermore canvas. So much so that I did my own mini copy of it! Check out my post if you have the chance! Of course I gave you credit and yours looks way better than mine! LOL! But I am still pretty happy with what I did!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.