Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Photos of April 27th, 2011

I don't think that there are words to describe how we have all felt the last few weeks. Words can't describe sights we have seen or the stories we have heard. It is absolutely unreal the devastation, the hurt, the fear, the anger and the sadness of the people of our community. It has been over 3 weeks since the tornado tore our town to shreds and while there have been great strides made to the clean up efforts, there are still harsh reminders of that day everywhere you look. There are still people digging with hope that they might find something, anything, that can be salvaged from what was once their home. Along with that though, you can find things like "God Bless" and "Praise God we are all ok" spray painted on houses. You still see American flags flying on many lots where homes once stood. Strangers gathered to pray, to serve, to volunteer and to work. That is what makes me proud to be raised in the South in Smalltown, America. I am so thankful that my family and my home was spared. I don't know how these people are coping with their loss. I hope I never have to.







Can you imagine trying to find your things in this mess? Did you notice the car in the center right of the photo? This was the home of a friend of mine from school that we helped salvage her things that were strewn around 6 different lots.











Please continue to pray for my great State of Alabama.

Krishna  – (May 23, 2011 at 10:03 PM)  

So glad y'all are okay! We had tornadoes come through just 5 minutes north & south of us & to see all the devastation just down the road is heartbreaking. God bless these families & what they are going through...I cannot even begin to imagine. I am just so glad to see all the support & love being shown by all the volunteers & churches. God bless them!

Anonymous –   – (May 24, 2011 at 11:21 AM)  

Tornadoes are a horrible natural force. I was terrified of them when I lived in Texas. Glad to hear everyone is ok, though. You can rebuild homes, but not people!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute.  – (June 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM)  

So glad to hear that you and your family are okay.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.