Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits a la My Pretties

Last night after I got all fancy and was stood up by the rapture of Jesus Christ (There are some serious wackos out there!), we decided to have a date night. Then comes the inevitable "Where do you want to eat?" followed by "I don't care. Whatever you want." followed by "Well tell me what you want." followed by "I really don't care." You get the picture. The hubs finally speaks up and says Red Lobster sounds good because he really likes their biscuits. Then I had a craving for Chicken Alfredo Pizza from Olive Garden. He concedes, like always, and we go to Olive Garden. Part of our dinner conversation was about those buttery, garlicy, pile of carbohydrates known as Cheddar Bay Biscuits. After our conversation I realized that I think he reeeeeeally wanted to go to Red Lobster. So being the uber domesticated, resourceful and loving wife that I am, I found a copycat recipe that I was going to try for him.

I gathered my ingredients.
2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 stick of butter (real butter, not margarine)
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon of parsley flakes


Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.

Mix the first 3 ingredients together until its blended well. Don't over mix. It will do something wonky to your dough. Spoon out onto a ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 450 for 8-10 minutes. Mine took about 9 minutes. I promise it will be the longest 9 minutes of your life.

While they are baking, melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Then stir in your garlic power and parsley flakes. Don't you wish Willy Wonka would have actually invented that smell-a-vision? Luckily for my neighbors, I think they can smell them across the street.


To kill the time, I finished off the left over Chicken Alfredo Pizza.


Once they come out of the oven, brush the butter mixture on top while they are still hot. Go heavy on it! They are better that way.


Then the moment of truth. Call your hubs in for the taste test. He said to me, "That just makes me mad!" Crap, they aren't good I thought. He said that he's wasted many a $40.00 dinners at Red Lobster just to get the biscuits.


We are celebrating our 1 year anniversary next weekend and I think that these biscuits just scored me a good 2-3 more years with him.


Check out the link parties on my top sidebar to see where I'm sharing this copy cat recipe this week.

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants  – (May 22, 2011 at 10:41 PM)  

You just made my day, I have been craving these like crazy! Thanks, can't wait to taste them!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks  – (May 25, 2011 at 2:09 PM)  

How sweet of you to whip up the copycat recipe for him. Those biscuits really do look delicious. I'd love for you to come by and share them at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a blessed day :)
Katie

Diane  – (May 30, 2011 at 3:46 PM)  

OMGosh, those look yummmmy Ü I will be making these. Thanks so much for the recipe Ÿ

ArtfullyJune  – (June 1, 2011 at 11:02 AM)  

Hm, I might just have to try these. I have Bisquick on hand and I rarely have it so it must be my lucky day to find your reciepe.

Tracy Roach  – (June 18, 2011 at 5:00 PM)  

I just wanted to let you know that I've made these probably 6 times since I found this post less than three weeks ago, and I'll be making them again tonight. My family LOVES them! My husband and I rarely go to Red Lobster because it's so expensive, but last night we went using a gift card we got for Christmas. My husband bit into one of their biscuits and said, "These taste JUST like the ones you make!" High praise indeed. :) Thank you for posting this!

Brittany  – (July 7, 2011 at 8:46 PM)  

made these and loved 'em!!! thank you for the recipe! i was actually just telling my husband that he needed to try them because he loves cheese, but hates seafood, so he won't step foot inside a red lobster haha. SO, THANK YOU!!!! :D

Unknown  – (February 18, 2014 at 8:30 PM)  

Thanks for sharing your recipe...I made these tonight...super easy, super fast, and super delicious! Having a hard time saving the leftovers for my son-in-law. (He may just miss out).

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.