Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

$129.00... I think not

I needed wanted something to go on our coffee table that wasn't super big since we tend to eat a meal or two at that table but still add a little color to the room also. Pottery Barn sells these Saigon Planters for $129.00.


Image from Pottery Barn

For $129.00, you don't even get the plant for crying out loud. I think I can do better than that. I picked up a planter at my local thrift store and a greenery bundle from Hob Lob and made my own. I filled the planter with a Styrofoam ball and went to town cutting all of the greenery off it's stem. I normally would veto faux flowers, but I think these work faux real. I stuck a key in the Styrofoam ball to make my hole and started sticking. $0.79 for the planter and $4.00 for the greenery isn't too bad huh? I'll make my own and save $125.00 any day!



I'm linking to Funky Junk Interiors Party! www.funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com

Unknown  – (August 21, 2010 at 2:24 AM)  

What a great way to use inspiration and make it your own. I have fake plants in my home or I would have dead plants in my home, Given those 2 choices I picked fake.
Does anyone know where to buy good quality fake plants and greenery? If you know please drop me a note and help a growing inpared girl have plants in her home.
Traci

Lorie  – (August 21, 2010 at 8:46 AM)  

Gorgeous! I think yours is 129 times cuter than the inspiration piece!

Thank you for sharing it at Show and Tell Saturday!

.  – (August 21, 2010 at 4:09 PM)  

I like yours better than the ridiculously expensive ones! :)

Sassy Sites!  – (August 21, 2010 at 10:14 PM)  

Great Job! I love your blog and I'm your newest follower! Come by Sassy Sites and say HI!

Marni @ Sassy Sites
www.sassysites.blogspot.com

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming  – (August 21, 2010 at 10:45 PM)  

Love the greenery you used - Looks fabulous! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Amanda @ Serenity Now  – (August 24, 2010 at 2:24 PM)  

I don't think you can beat your price for such a cute project! It's really pretty. :) Visiting from The CSI Project. Hope you'll stop by and visit me too. :)

Sew Can Do  – (August 30, 2010 at 11:19 AM)  

I totally hear you on this! Yours looks even cuter & you got the plants!

Amy Jo  – (September 1, 2010 at 10:43 AM)  

That looks great. I've been thinking about something to put on my dining room table for those few minutes a day that it's not in use. I love seeing Pottery Barn inspired projects!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.