Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Did you notice that white chair in the last post?

I'm sure you were so impressed with my fabulous faux planter that you didn't! Here's a wider shot if you didn't.


I picked up this chair today at the thrift store. It had a pretty hefty price tag.

Yep, it was $3.00. Score!

But, this poor chair wasn't always so charming. When I brought it home, it looked like this.

There it is. Just sitting there waiting to be spray painted.

After a coat of white, it's already looking better.


It did take a few coats to cover the yucky orangey brown color. I probably should have primed, but to be honest, I just didn't want to!

After it dried a bit, I decided to sand the edges down to distress it a bit. I love the character it gives an otherwise ordinary chair.


Isn't it purdy?


Linking to this party!

New Friend Fridays

Amy @ Design-Aholic  – (August 21, 2010 at 4:41 PM)  

Love both the chair AND the thrifty plant project! I need to get my pregnant butt thrifting again- these finds are just to die for :)

southernfriedyankee  – (August 21, 2010 at 8:51 PM)  

Fellow blog junkie...now you are part of my now you are one of my suppliers! Can't wait to see more transformations.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.