Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Free has a price...

My kitchen door. God love it. It was so pitiful. It was a poor pitiful excuse for a hollow core door disguising itself as a solid exterior door. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a hollow core door isn't made to be used as an exterior door but somewhere along the way, some igmo that resided in our humble abode before us must have thought it would be a good idea. I'm just as guilty though because I've lived here 7 years and it's never made it to the top of my priorities to replace it. Well, it did once, but when I priced new doors like these




it moved to the bottom of the to-do pile. Then, one day, my mom and I were dumping a load of limbs and leaves and someone decided to leave me a door sitting right beside the dumpster. We loaded it up, not knowing if it was the right size or anything. God bless you whoever left it. I hope your new door is lovely!

The dirty, paint chippy, half cracked, hazy glass door sat outside for a few months until I finally decided that I was tired of the craptastic excuse of a door we previously had. I measured it and it was a tad too wide and bit too long. More of a project that I felt like I could tackle myself. So I hung my pretty fall wreath back on the ridonkulous door and moved on. Ugh! So frustrating! I couldn't move past the door so I called my General Contractor, Foreman, Supervisor, Woman with every tool known to man mom and she came to the rescue.

It wasn't an easy task and did take about 6 hours to get it finished, but it's done. So, if it was free, but took forever to make it right and time is money, I guess it cost me something, but it wasn't cash so score. I saved one more thing from a landfill and I have a new (to me) kitchen door that looks so purdy! As soon as the paint dries, the vinyl is cut and the sum comes up, I'm going to post the before and afters and the process.

It's definitely worth coming back to take a look! I hope you are having a great weekend. Have you been working on any projects?

Cathy  – (October 5, 2010 at 9:05 AM)  

A hollow exterior door?!?! Can't wait to see the new one!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.