Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Bat Chandy


I wanted to spook out the dining room a little more for Halloween but was kind of at a loss after the buffet redo. Our dining room is very basic. Table... check. Buffet...Check. Chandy...Check. That's it. The necessities. So, since the buffet is already tricked out, my next stop was the chandy. I found a free font of Halloween dingbats to download and import into my SCAL software. I put several bats on the page and cut them out of black vinyl.


I transformed our chandelier from this



to this...





Easy Peasy! I love how the amber color of the shades glow and I'm so glad I found a bat silhouette that has eye holes. The light shines right through them making them super spooky!



The cobb webs are because I hate dusting for effect.

Katie  – (September 30, 2010 at 9:01 PM)  

Kristy, I love this idea! What a fun and easy holiday change. You're right the eyes really make this look! Would love you to join me at A Crafty Soiree, every Thursday.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.