Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Something to make the neighbor kids laugh

We go trick or treating with my sister in my grandmother's neighborhood every year and I hate to be THAT house without lights on. So, I'm going to set out a bucket of candy this year. Just a bucket wouldn't do though. I had to pretty it up a little bit. I made this little sign to put next to my bucket. I know every kid in the neighborhood will laugh at this. I know they will probably wipe out my bucket of candy in minutes. I'm okay with that unless they steal my sign then I'm going to be PO'd.




I am going to interchange the ribbon after Halloween to match the season/accessories in the kitchen and use it for a menu board or place for random lists or love notes to my guys.

If you want to make your own, its super simple. Grab a wooden circle plaque and a finial from Hobby Lobby and a 1x1 scrap, a 1x6 scrap and a few screws from the hardware store.

Screw the circle plaque to the 1x1, drill a pilot hole in the top of the 1x1 and screw in the finial then place 2 screws through the back of the 1x1 into the scrap piece of 1x6. Make sure that everything is center along the way and you're good to go. If you want to paint the 1x6 a different color, or chalkboard for instance, do it before you assemble it. I had to take mine back apart to paint it. It's just 2 screws though so it's no biggie if you change your mind.

Lorie  – (October 5, 2010 at 7:29 PM)  

Oh! Cute! And the kids will love getting to take 3 candies!!

Reunion Committee  – (October 6, 2010 at 2:54 PM)  

lol very very cute!!! Loving the new blog look!!!
~Tana

Michelle  – (October 6, 2010 at 10:55 PM)  

Wow you are very trusting!! Ive seen teenagers dump a whole bowl of candy in their pillowcases that have signs! Hopefully that doesnt happen! Way cute sign!

- Michelle @ Bunch of Craft

Sole  – (October 14, 2010 at 2:22 PM)  

Oh..I love this. What a great idea! Just came over from the CSI Project. :)

~Sole
http://sunshinenest.blogspot.com/

Kandi  – (October 14, 2010 at 11:19 PM)  

When we took our kiddos Trick or Treating we came upon homes with bowls of candy sitting out unsupervised. Our daughters took their candy w/o even thinking about taking more. Apparently the kids ahead of them had the same attitude. Hopefully your neighborhood kids will feel the same way. And the sign is adorable.

Steph Jacobson  – (October 15, 2010 at 8:19 AM)  

Cute sign! We'll be trick-or-treating elsewhere this Halloween so I'm going to leave out a bowl of candy, too.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.