Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

The Bathroom Reveal

Ladies, I've waited a long time to say this... The bathroom is 95% done. A mere 27 days ago (that seems like 7 years!) my bathroom looked like this

and today, I welcome you to our new, crisp, clean, relaxing bathroom.


Everything you see is brand spankin new, except for the vanity and if I have my way, it will be out soon too or at least get a new coat of paint.

Behind the scenes we replaced the wiring, added a new light over the tub, a new plug over the vanity and replaced the plumbing. We replaced the drywall, tub and toilet, faucets, added bead board, new fixtures, new moldings and hardware throughout. We tiled the tub surround (6x6) and floor (12x12). It is basically now a new bathroom.




I bought a few brushed nickel accessories from Ross on the cheap and a new shower curtain from Walmart. Actually, I bought 3. I started with a blue, textured woven curtain in a tight chevron pattern, but I just wasn't feeling it. So I bought the white waffle weave curtain from Target and it was too white with all the other white in the space, so I then I bought a brown ribbed panel curtain from Walmart (On clearance for $5.00!) and I love the contrast it gives. (Note to self: Iron Shower Curtain)

I put a few branches that I robbed from another arrangement and put them in a thrift store vase and I love the simplicity of it. Now I'm on the hunt for a neutral print to hang over the toilet.

I'm on the fence about a towel bar. I feel like the area under the window is too bare, but my heart starts racing every time I begin to put a hole in the bead board. I just don't know. I thought about 3 towel hooks under the window since the white towels that previously hung on the towel bar caused many a death threat to those who wiped fawnky hands on them or gasp, used one to dry off when the laundry was a bit behind. What would you do?

I've got to give a HUGE thank you to my mom! If you count the many times I said "we" I really meant mostly my mom. I really hope that one day I have 1/4 of the knowledge she has about fixing things. She's pretty awesome... but I still get nervous when she says "Hand me the hammer!" Thanks mom! You're the best mom I could have ever asked for!

Anyway, that's my bathroom. I'm going to be cleaning the rest of the house for the next 42 years, but somehow I'm going to sneak in a few handmade ornament tutorials under $1.00 in the next few days or so.

Be sure to check out the Link Parties tab in my sidebar to see all the great places I'm linking this project up to!

Allison {A Glimpse Inside}  – (December 6, 2010 at 2:38 PM)  

Looks fabulous and I bet you are thrilled to have it done!

Reunion Committee  – (December 6, 2010 at 3:03 PM)  

Spectacular! Love it!! Really looks unbelievable!
Tana

The Spencer Family  – (December 6, 2010 at 3:27 PM)  

I LOVE it & it makes me want to make changes to mine now.

Goldilocks  – (December 6, 2010 at 4:58 PM)  

It looks AMAZING you did a really great job!

Heather  – (December 6, 2010 at 9:12 PM)  

Hello! I am visiting from Met Monday, and I just wanted to let you know how great your new bathroom looks! We are in the middle of building a bathroom. It sure is taking a long time, especially since our tile in now on back order!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating  – (December 7, 2010 at 9:38 AM)  

I had to stop and comment! You bathroom looks amazing. It was great to see something besides Christmas at the parties!!

The Deason Family  – (December 8, 2010 at 8:03 AM)  

LOVE IT!!!! Use hooks. I have seen command hooks in brushed nickel that look nicer than just the plain white ones. You could use that until you decide for sure and your bead board would stay pretty. If you don't do that you could always use a word or phrase from uppercase living or the cricut. That would fill the space but be flush to the wall.

Unknown  – (December 8, 2010 at 7:01 PM)  

Oh man, its looks so great. I am impressed! I second the Command comment, above. The big satin nickel hook is beautiful and no one would ever guess its a stick on. I had one for years at my last house.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.