Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Ruffle Wreath

I think I'm the last crafter on the planet that hasn't jumped on the coffee filter wreath bandwagon.

The Nester made this gorgeous wreath.

Then Kimba at A Soft Place to Land made this one with natural coffee filters.

Fashionably late, I'm on the bandwagon now but with a twist. I made mine into ruffles. I started by folding my coffee filters in half, then half again. I guess this would be quarters, right?



I hot glued the first one down then I started hot gluing them about 3/4" up from the last.


It is kind of hard to work around a circle, but just keep going. It'll work out.

I looped a wide grosgrain ribbon around the wreath form so I didn't squash any of the ruffles.



If you haven't made a filter wreath yet, try this one. It's easy peasy and takes way less time than the other versions!

Check out the link parties where I'm sharing this week!

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com  – (March 7, 2011 at 5:50 PM)  

Oooh, I love this idea! I think I could do this one and it doesn't take all weekend! Thanks for sharing it.

Kristy  – (March 7, 2011 at 5:52 PM)  

That was the appeal for me too, Vickie! I'm way to ADD for a project that takes 3 hours.

Simply Jessabells  – (March 8, 2011 at 5:39 PM)  

Looks great. I want to make a wreath but got no time. Your wreath looks great and looks like it would take no time at all.

Spunky Junky  – (March 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM)  

Wow! Love it! Wreaths are my addiction! I would love you to link up to my party on Fridays! This would be such a hit!

xoxo
halsey

Spunky Junky

Michelle @ Delicate Construction  – (March 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM)  

So cute and what a time savvy change!! Love it! I am visiting from Someday Crafts and I am a new follower!
Have a fantastic day!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Unknown  – (March 10, 2011 at 6:12 AM)  

This is beautiful! I love it! I am featuring it at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

Finding Home  – (March 10, 2011 at 1:13 PM)  

Very cute, I really like the simplicty of it and I didn't know until you said so that it was coffee filters!

Ashley  – (March 10, 2011 at 3:35 PM)  

Cute. I haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet, so I guess you weren't the last blogger. :)

Ashley
www.TheThriftyWife.com

Kristy  – (March 10, 2011 at 6:00 PM)  

Thanks ladies!

And thanks to Michelle for featuring this project on Someday Crafts!

Erin  – (March 10, 2011 at 7:46 PM)  

What a beautiful wreath! I found your blog at Between Naps on the Front Porch. You have such great ideas and I'm your newest follower! I'd love it if you'd follow me back: http://stillwaterstory.blogspot.com/
Again, you did a fantastic job with this!! :-)

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle  – (March 11, 2011 at 6:35 AM)  

Very cute! Looks just as good and I like quicker projects ;) Nice!

deborah  – (March 11, 2011 at 8:16 AM)  

I love it..and am going to make one! This one looks like it could be pinned down with florist pins for those of us who don't play well with glue guns:)

Megan @ {VintageHydrangeas}  – (March 11, 2011 at 8:55 AM)  

Oh I love this idea! I love how yours was still unique!

Marti crafts  – (March 12, 2011 at 5:04 PM)  

Wow, these are fab, I have a wedding coming up what a fab idea! So glad people blog!

Kimba  – (March 14, 2011 at 7:47 AM)  

Thanks for the mention, Kristy! I love your take on the coffee filter wreath. Ruffles are fab!

rickimoo  – (March 26, 2011 at 8:39 AM)  

I like this look the best. I am going to have to try this. Thanks.

Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl  – (September 20, 2011 at 12:22 AM)  

I made one of these to put over my mirror! It's so creative and different!

www.girlygirlcrafts.blogspot.com

Jessy@FairytaleFrosting  – (April 16, 2012 at 6:27 PM)  

Hi Kristy! I stumbled upon your blog a couple of weeks ago, love!! I actually used your tutorial to make this wreath, but put my own spin on it. Here's the link (which includes a shout to you) if you'd like to stop by and check it out http://bit.ly/HOPVww

Sandra  – (June 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM)  

Love the idea, I really like using everyday things to make something pretty. Thank you

Unknown  – (November 4, 2017 at 2:58 PM)  

Less time consuming
That's a PLUS
LOVE THIS IDEA
trying it later
Thanks

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.