Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

My Pretty Jewelry

We just recently went to the beach on vacation and El Cheapo strikes again! We went into a few shops that had really cute handmade jewelry. Cute, yes. Worth $55.00, noooo way! Well, I saw this necklace in the gift shop at Tacky Jacks that I really loved. It was a long, colorful, chunky, beaded necklace. The price tag was was even chunkier than the beads. $55.00! Get the heck out of town! But I still kept thinking about that necklace. I had almost convinced myself that I should have just bought it. But on the way home, between getting car sick and counting mile markers, I convince the hubs that we really should stop at Joann's on the way home. I mean, it's right off the interstate and 2nd & Charles which just so happens to be the hubs favorite store is right next door. It sounded like a win-win to me. Then when we got there, there where having a huge $0.50 clearance sale on a ton of their jewelry making supplies. It was a win-win-win! Not really knowing what I was doing or what I needed, I grabbed a few things of beads, some head pins, some earring hooks and some necklace cording.


After a little spill of 4,587,462 beads, I was on my way to making really cute earrings. This little project also landed me a trip to the optometrist. I could barely see to thread my beads. I knew I needed glasses but WHOA! It's like the whole world went from a 6pt. font to a 24pt. font after I got them.

Anywho, back to my beads... I made several pair of earrings and a necklace that turned out really cute.

These could dress up a cute black dress.


This pair would be cute with just about anything.


And of course for all my die-hard Bama fans, we have to give Big Al some love.


Up close of the elephant ones.


And the necklace I made using necklace cording and some wooden beads.


I made it just by threading the beads and knotting it ever so ofter.


These would be a great last minute gift for someone and they really didn't cost much at all to make. If you haven't ever tried jewelry making, give it a try. With a few basic supplies and some pliers you can make some really neat jewelry.

Be sure to check out the link parties where I am sharing this week!

Suzanne  – (June 17, 2011 at 8:53 AM)  

Thanks so much for the kind comment you left on my blog. I've really enjoyed looking at "the pretties" in your blog. Love the sewing projects below too! - Suzanne

Ashley Jones  – (June 17, 2011 at 9:12 AM)  

Wonderful! You are so talented! I may have to try some jewelry making soon. Roll Tide!

www.zachandashleyjones.blogspot.com

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime  – (June 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM)  

Hi, there! I love these pieces of jewelry - gorgeous :) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Btw, I have a party called the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop so I hope you can join us sometime. Also, if you have a giveaway or a business, I also have a party called Market Your Biz and Giveaway. Please feel free to link up whenever you can.

Life, Crafts and Whatever  – (June 22, 2011 at 6:57 AM)  

Ohhh, that wooden circle one has my name all over it! Thanks for the follow, I'm following you in return!

Fonda @Southern Scraps  – (July 15, 2011 at 9:47 PM)  

Those are all fantastic earrings. I know someone who would love the elephants.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.