Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Sewing Project | My first Bag

My sweet friend Mrs. Jones hosted a Sew Day for us at her church a few weeks ago. I don't really think she really knew what she was getting into offering to teach a sewing project in a class and inviting me. I will say though that I wasn't the MOST confused person there. I think once I even "helped" the lady sitting to my left.

Anyway, I'm not nearly advanced enough to begin to give a tutorial on this bag. I just wanted to show it off. I may never even carry the dang thing but I am so proud of it.

All I can tell you is that I used this machine...



and this pattern...


and this fabric...


and sewed it together like this...

and ended up with this...


Isn't it cute?


Check out the link parties where I am sharing this week!

Mel  – (June 16, 2011 at 6:26 AM)  

So adorable. Great job. I'd love to make one like that. I like the grommets.

Unknown  – (June 16, 2011 at 10:05 AM)  

Such a cute bag, I am jealous! Thanks for saying hi on my blog, I am following you back now. Enjoy the rest of the week!

Ashley Jones  – (June 16, 2011 at 10:32 AM)  

SO cute, especially for your first project! I would definitely carry it!

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}  – (June 16, 2011 at 2:27 PM)  

That is such a cute bag! Love it!!
Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog!
xoxo,
Vanessa

Lynda  – (June 16, 2011 at 9:24 PM)  

I'm your newest Follower. Returning the visit from SomethingCreatedEveryday.blogspot.com. Very cute bag. I love your quilts as well. Nice job!

nantastic  – (June 16, 2011 at 9:36 PM)  

You did a great job. Love it so much. Where can I get the pattern?
nana5604 at gmail dot com

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.