Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

The Christmas/Winter Buffet

I totally missed the boat on having this post ready for all the great parties that happened last week. Something about finishing the bathroom kept getting in my way. I guess, if it's still not 12/25 though I'm not technically late... am I? It's so unlike me to not have my halls decked and my tree trimmed on the Saturday after Thanksgiving but I just couldn't make it happen this year. To NEVER let this happen again, I put on my calendar for 11/1/2011 "DO NOT START ANY MAJOR PROJECTS UNTIL AFTER 1/1." I finally got around to putting up our tree, although it still doesn't have anything on it other than the topper and some ribbon, and our buffet decorated.

Since I have bought myself a new computer, a TV for the living room, a miter saw and a million other little things,I had to do it on the free. No cheap here, gotta be free. So I went rummaging through the attic and the basement and found the things I needed to turn our buffet from this fall get up

to this Christmas number.

I added a burlap runner on the top because the buffet may or may not have a few scratches. I left the books, the lamp, the candle holders and the round mirror. I added a large wreath layered on top of the mirror.

I found the big star, the finial thingymabob

and the reindeer
at yard sales and had them in my stash of "I might use this one day crap!"

I robbed a silver frame from on top of the fridge

and added a few balls,

sparkly picks and snowflake ornaments to fill in the gaps.


I have a touch of anxiety that it doesn't have any red in it but I just can't make red work in the dining room. I'm saving that for the living room and kitchen. I'll be showing you those a bit later.

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

Megan {The Brick Bungalow}  – (December 12, 2010 at 4:43 PM)  

I wish I had that type of stash in my house! I never find good items like that at garage sales.... guess my daughter and I need to start getting out more! I think it looks great for finding everything in your house!! I love the colors and the touch of light green with the sparkly ornament.

Kara B. Oliver  – (December 12, 2010 at 7:54 PM)  

I've decided that on MY 2011 calendar...I'm going to write: I vow to be more like Kristy and let out my inner creative diva that I KNOW I am...and make you proud.

M.O.T.B  – (December 13, 2010 at 10:36 AM)  

Looks gorgeous! I love grabbing stuff at yard sales in the heat of summer and using them for Christmas, it's called insight!

Cheryl  – (December 13, 2010 at 7:25 PM)  

Love your buffet. You really have a talent for putting together vignettes. LOL, can you come over and do mine. I think yours looks great especially since you used everthing you had already.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.