Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Peace be with you! Ornament Idea...

My mom and I were browsing this little store that is filled with jewelry, all for $1.00 each. Some of it is cute. A lot of it is super tacky and some of it is just plain weird. Among the rows and rows of jewelry, I found a couple things that I wouldn't dare stick in my ears but I had bigger plans for them. A pair of HUGE (for an earring) peace sign earrings. I instantly thought about the Pottery Barn glitter peace ornaments. So, in my little box of craft supplies, I got out this stuff.


I covered the ornament in with a coat of Mod Podge.

I blurted out a curse word when the top to the extra fine glitter popped off.

I considered being the sparkliest member of the Blue Man Group.

Then I shook off the extra glitter, pulled off the earring hook and tied a satin ribbon through the jump ring that came on the earring.



My niece is going to love this! She's a competition cheer/gymnastics girl and her gym colors are blue and black so it'll fit right in on her blue and black tree!

Check out the parties in my sidebar for more great ideas!

Julianna  – (December 9, 2010 at 1:20 PM)  

Hi! I'd love for you to link this up here:

http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2010/11/christmas-ornament-link-up-singing.html

Kara B. Oliver  – (December 10, 2010 at 2:13 PM)  

Have I ever told you how much you rock? Seriously. ADORE these.

DANA  – (December 11, 2010 at 9:59 PM)  

Hello! I am a follower of your blog, and have been for a while! I am reaching out to the blogs I love as well as my readers for a little help and advice. I was nominated a while back for the Top Blog of the Year on Blog Guidebook. I am now in the top ten, and to reach the final round, which is the top TWO, I must beg and plead for votes. If you could in any way help me out, maybe if you could throw a bone to me on your blog, or if you require, I can do a giveaway! I have to find methods to gain voters and your help in some way would be greatly appreciated. Please met me know either way,as well as any ideas you may have. Thank you in advance! My blog is http://danajeanward.blogspot.com and the link to the voting page is www.blogguidebook.com. There is no registration, signup, or email required to vote, which is great, but finding routes to gain supporters is tough! I look forward to hearing from you!

Dana Ward

Saturday Mornings Blog

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.