Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Brassy to Classy

The existing lamp in our family room was a little bit ridiculously small for the space so I picked up this shiny beaut at the thrift store this week. Good thing I had my sunglasses on because it was blinding.

All that gold bling bling and the 1984 accordion pleated lamp shade were calling my name. A can of Brushed Nickel Krylon was calling even louder. For $6.88, I couldn't go wrong.


I gave it a good coat and for a split second reattached the existing shade.... uuurrgg.. wrong answer! I went to Lowe's and picked up a burlapish covered lampshade to complete the project. I really wanted a drum shade but they didn't carry those, and well, I'm an instant gratification kind of girl and I just couldn't wait to go to Target so this one will have to do.

Ooops! I was in such a hurry I forgot to remove the wrapper. See, I told you I was an instant gratification kind of girl!


That transformation from brassy to classy only took a few minutes and totally looks high end with the metal and burlap combination.

I'm on a personal crusade to remove every last ounce of brass in our home. A few more door knobs and I will have succeeded. Does anyone need 4 brass ceiling fans? I have a couple extra!
The DIY Show Off
mmm button


Making

Also linking to www.southernhospitalityblog.com

Anonymous –   – (August 23, 2010 at 6:44 PM)  

Thanks for visiting me. Your lamp looks wonderful. I love that shade too!
I am going look around your blog a bit :)
Have a wonderful week.
Monica

groovie mom  – (August 23, 2010 at 9:18 PM)  

Our house is drowning in brass door knobs and faucets! I'm slowly getting rid of them. Lamp looks great! Too bad I can't spray paint my faucets.

Stacy@The Project Shoppe  – (August 24, 2010 at 1:58 AM)  

Love your lamp redo! I have a thing for lamps! I linked a lamp redo at Southern Hospitality as well. Welcome to blogging, I am a newbie as well : )

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic  – (August 24, 2010 at 8:27 AM)  

Your lamp looks soooooo much better! It was the perfect candidate for a makeover since it has great lines! Thanks for commenting on my guest room.

Unknown  – (August 29, 2010 at 8:17 PM)  

I like your 'new' lamp, I like your blog, I'm your newest follower. :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.