Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Vintage Eye Chart


Vintage Eye Chart and Subway Art are all the rage on a ton of the blogs I follow. I decided to give it a try too. I actually did this project before I received the second most awesome birthday gift ever from my dear sweet hubs, a Cricut Expression (The first most awesome gift was the Tahoe he got me! A car and a Cricut for my birthday in the same year! I totally scored the best husband around!). That's a whole other post though. Anyway, at the time I didn't have a Cricut so I had to improvise. I started with a 16x20 frame I picked up at the Thrift Store. It was just a simple black frame with a hand sketched portrait of a cute little pup. It even had a 4x6 taped to the back of it of the artist drawing it. I hated to throw the sketch away but for some reason I don't think Schnauzers fit into my decor, so alas, it went to the trash. I created a 16x20 canvas in Photoshop and created the eye chart using a favorite quote from The Beatles. "The love you take is equal to the love you make." I added a vintage paper to the top of it and faded it to make it look old and worn. I had the image printed at Sam's Club for under $5.00. I plopped it right into the black frame. Since everything in my living room is brown instead of black, I gave the frame a good coat of Krylon Brushed Nickel spray paint and now it fits right in. I love how it turned out. Cute huh?

mmm button

Jenn Seratt  – (August 23, 2010 at 2:30 PM)  

Loving this! I've had to read a lot of eye charts lately and this one I'd actually enjoy doing it. I'd love for you to link this up to my Art Therapy linky party.

Jenn Seratt  – (August 23, 2010 at 6:15 PM)  

Thanks for linking up to the Art Therapy link party at Seeds on a Breeze.

devin  – (August 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM)  

oh wow...i adore the eye chart! this is the first one i've seen and i love it!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.