Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Pottery Barn a la Ana White

Ana White is like the DIY's Elvis, or Pete Rose, or Joe Montana. She's so talented and giving and too cute for words. After I printed 42 plans from her blog, I decided to head to Lowe's and make something happen. Crafty, maybe so, but builder, I am not. I have to read the tape measure 14 times to make a cut because I'm so unsure of just what in the heck I am doing. Because I am not a carpenter, my tool box only has a hammer and a screw driver but lucky for me, I have friends and family in high places that own things like miter saws and air nailers. (Santa, I want a miter saw for Christmas!)

The iron and glass tables we had in our family room were long over due for a yard sale. I hated them when I bought them and they didn't exactly grow on me. Pottery Barn's Hyde Collection is gorgeous. So rich and warm and by rich I mean $800.00 for a coffee table and 2 end tables. Ana had me convinced that I could build them for about $50.00. So, I built the 2 end tables in 2 nights (about 4 hours) and started on the coffee table. Life happened and I never got around to finishing them until I saw this weeks challenge at The CSI Project. I recruited my husband & moms help to get these knocked out. I wish that I had taken pictures of the progress, but this project was started before I started this blog. I've learned. I promise.



I decided to stain them pretty dark to match our hardwood floors.


I think they go so well together. You almost can't tell where the table ends and the floor starts.


I hate that our family room is so small. There is literally only 1 way to position the furniture in the space and one of the end tables is always hidden.


The other one is definitely more noticeable in the room.


Just look at that grain would you? So yummy!


I'm still on the fence about what will be permanent on the coffee table. I have a feeling all this stuff will get in the way of take-out and homework.


Goodbye iron tables. These are definitely here to stay for a while.



Visit thecsiproject.com

giveaways




devin  – (August 25, 2010 at 5:45 PM)  

i love the tables! and, the vase with the greens in it is so pretty and simple!

Hollyn  – (August 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM)  

Wow.....I love it!!! I can't wait to finish up my 1st project and start on the next one! Your tables look wonderful!!!!

Allison @ House of Hepworths  – (August 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM)  

Wow, you did an excellent job! I'm also eying your silver candlesticks and I may have to spray paint some of mine silver now. Love it.

Unknown  – (August 27, 2010 at 2:56 PM)  

These are lovely!! Great job. (and I love the name of your blog!)

Megan Gunyan  – (August 27, 2010 at 3:40 PM)  

I bow down to your awesomeness. These are GREAT. I love the name of your blog! I want it! ;)- I browsed around your blog and I have no doubt it will be a huge hit. I love it!

I now follow you.

Cheryl  – (August 27, 2010 at 6:19 PM)  

HI Kristin!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Wow, your tables came out great! I would never dream of using power tools. Aren't Ana's plans for stuff awesome!
Just became your newest follower too!
Have a great weekend!

Melissa  – (August 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM)  

Those are gorgous! I would love to have you come over to MyCraftieLife.blogspot.com and link up to Tuesday Tell All.

Anonymous –   – (August 28, 2010 at 8:28 AM)  

Nice "upgrade" and I love that you made them and for such a great price! This inspires me. Thanks for sharing. If/when I get my end tables/coffee tables off paper and into wood, I'll come back and comment.

Lorie  – (August 28, 2010 at 8:42 AM)  

Great job! Building my own furniture is one of the things on my to do list!

chris  – (August 28, 2010 at 9:29 AM)  

Way to go! We're getting ready to move, and I have been perusing Ana's site for ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown  – (August 29, 2010 at 8:15 PM)  

Oh, I LOVE these! You did a fabulous job for not being a carpenter--I can't even tell these aren't overly expensive PB originals. You inspire me! I think your family room is gorgeous, by the way.

Anonymous –   – (August 30, 2010 at 3:55 PM)  

You are SO creative! I only get a creative whim about once every 2 years, lol! And then it takes me that long to finish what I start!
I have looked around at some of your other posts, great ideas! I will be back!

Bernice
http://bernicewood.wordpress.com/2010/08/30/lifes-best-lessons-learned-from-our-dogs/

Cathy  – (August 31, 2010 at 9:28 AM)  

I've been wanting to make these too! Great job!

CountryBelle  – (October 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM)  

Awesome job! I just found you through Ucreate and I will definitely be following!
http://happinessis5ive.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.