Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

The Six Year Old's Study

Since we are embarking on a new era of homework in first grade, I wanted to give my little guy his own little place to work. I turned this...

and this...


and a couple of empty cans into this...




It didn't cost me a dime and gave my little guy a place to call his own. The desk was a Craigslist freebie that just needed a little sanding and painting and the chalkboard was just an old cabinet door that i have been holding onto forever. Having the chalkboard to practice his spelling words on really cuts down on the "buuuuuuuuut moooooooooooooooooooooom!"
Visit thecsiproject.com

Heidi  – (September 7, 2010 at 2:59 PM)  

Really cute! I have some cabinet doors I was thinking of trying to make chalkboards out of. I love this.

Cheryl  – (September 8, 2010 at 6:48 AM)  

what a great place for your little one to do homework.

Kat  – (September 10, 2010 at 10:11 PM)  

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my wall decor! I really like the projects you have here, so creative! I'm following :)

Teri  – (September 11, 2010 at 9:07 AM)  

Hi Kristy! Thanks for visiting my blog! Love yours too and I'm now following.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.