Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

The Bathroom Plan

You have convinced me to show you the progress along the way, but first, I want to show you my plan and get a few opinions. I am going for a clean, crisp, calming, traditional with a touch of contemporary feel in the bathroom.

This is what I am planning so far...

I want bead board! I love the look of it and to be quite honest, putting bead board up 48" from the floor reduced the number of holes I have to repair from 47 million to 22 million. I kid! It seems like that though.
Actually the paint I bought looks very similar to this color as well. It's a little more pale and earthy but it's still a blue.


All of the finishes will be brushed nickel.

The Vanity light will be something along these lines. God willing and the creek don't rise, Lowe's will have this one in stock!


The sink faucet...



The shower faucet...



The vanity mirror, I'm not really sure about. I would love a chunky espresso colored mirror but I'm afraid that as high as the bead board is going to come that the mirror won't lay right. If that's the case, I'll go with this.



I have no idea about floor and wall tile. I love the glass mosaic tile, but I'm afraid that that might not stand the test of time and since tile is forever in my book, I'm thinking I need to go with some sort of natural stone. I can still do a glass tile art piece to hang if I just can't resist the blue glass tile. We are going to build out little alcoves in the shower wall to have built in cubbies for our shower toiletries.

After all that is done, we are going to replace all the door/window trim, baseboards and crown molding and then I'm going to take a nice long shower. But right now, I'm off to paint the ceiling!

Look for the before pictures and Days 1 and 2 of the progress later tonight hopefully!

CourtneyKeb  – (November 11, 2010 at 9:19 AM)  

SO dreamy!
I love everything! Every single thing from the granite to the brushed nickle to the hardware and bead board and especially that lovely shade of blue.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.