I only have a few minutes before the sarge gets here to start working again so I'm going to give you the short and narrow and I'll have to detail the process when all is said and done.
We started by tearing out the paneling in the bathroom.
We discovered 47 million holes, some big and some small.
After patching 2 million of the 47 million holes we decide to rip out the sheetrock to the studs and start over. The sheetrock was gross and we figured it would only cost a few hundred to gut it completely to have a totally new bathroom.
I got a new toilet paper holder. I think the stud works nicely. It's been fun having only one bathroom and it be under construction.
And since the sheetrock was down, we decided to rewire the entire bathroom since the existing wire is 54 years old.
While we were at it, we added an extra wall plug over the vanity and added a light fixture over the tub.
Then we replaced the plumbing from cast iron to PVC and installed the new faucet and overflow.
The tub has been a pain in the butt. Long story short, we bought a tub, got it roughed in to notice a hairline crack in the side so we had to take it out, take it back and get a new one and start all over.
I think the hardest part is over... I hope. We still have to finish the drywall, replace the toilet, tile the tub surround, add beadboard (unless I just love how the sheetrock comes out and decide against it for now) and trim everything out, but surely that will go smoothly and we won't uncover any more surprises!
Hey, Lowe's... if you are reading this... You should sponsor my blog! I've been sponsoring you a ton this week!