Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

The Bathroom Update

I'm a bad blogger! I apologize to all of you who have had to seek therapy for withdrawals from My Pretties and anxiety waiting to see what has been going on here! :) We have been running on minimal sleep and maximum mess and I just couldn't make myself blog at 3 in the morning when sleep was an option.

I only have a few minutes before the sarge gets here to start working again so I'm going to give you the short and narrow and I'll have to detail the process when all is said and done.

We started by tearing out the paneling in the bathroom.

We discovered 47 million holes, some big and some small.



After patching 2 million of the 47 million holes we decide to rip out the sheetrock to the studs and start over. The sheetrock was gross and we figured it would only cost a few hundred to gut it completely to have a totally new bathroom.



I got a new toilet paper holder. I think the stud works nicely. It's been fun having only one bathroom and it be under construction.


And since the sheetrock was down, we decided to rewire the entire bathroom since the existing wire is 54 years old.
While we were at it, we added an extra wall plug over the vanity and added a light fixture over the tub.


Then we replaced the plumbing from cast iron to PVC and installed the new faucet and overflow.



The tub has been a pain in the butt. Long story short, we bought a tub, got it roughed in to notice a hairline crack in the side so we had to take it out, take it back and get a new one and start all over.

I think the hardest part is over... I hope. We still have to finish the drywall, replace the toilet, tile the tub surround, add beadboard (unless I just love how the sheetrock comes out and decide against it for now) and trim everything out, but surely that will go smoothly and we won't uncover any more surprises!

Hey, Lowe's... if you are reading this... You should sponsor my blog! I've been sponsoring you a ton this week!


Reunion Committee  – (November 17, 2010 at 7:57 AM)  

lol lowes and home depot know us on a first name basis. We are doing our girls bath also BUT not to this extent. I love it! I can not wait to see the finished product.
Do you know what colors you are going to use yet? thats the fun part! lol
~Tana

Anonymous –   – (November 17, 2010 at 10:45 AM)  

I can't wait to see the finished product. You're so crafty and handy

Dorothy  – (November 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM)  

Hi, I just wanted to let you know I passed along a blogging award. Please feel free to check it out and pass it along yourself http://www.purplepaisleypinwheels.com/2010/11/i-was-awarded.html

Amanda @ Frills and Frolic  – (November 18, 2010 at 8:54 AM)  

I found your blog through Greenbean Crafterole! Loved what I've seen so far! Best of luck with your bathroom adventures!

Amanda

frillsandfrolic.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.