Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Scarf Made Pretty


Since it has dropped below 70 in the land of melt-your-skin-off-hot where I live, I'm getting ready for Uggs, sweaters, scarves and my sister's famous chili. It seriously went from 85 to 30 in 3 days and I wasn't prepared! So, today I picked up a Plain Jane gray scarf at the Thrift Store for $1.00 (Yay for half off blue tags today!) I guess it would serve the purpose but it just wasn't pretty so I had to doll it up a bit. All it took was some felt and the first degree burner glue gun.

I started by cutting my felt in about 1" strips. I didn't measure because it really doesn't matter. Once you have your strips cut, start rolling your fabric tightly. Once you make about 2-3 complete turns, twist your fabric strips and roll another 1/2 turn. Then twist your fabric again. Do this until you get to the end and put a dab of hot glue to secure your ends. When I made these, I would press them down, burn my fingers and do a little jump-jerk-yell what could be perceived as profanity number as I peeled the glue from my scalded finger. I'm hoping you will skip this step. It doesn't add any benefit. Once you finish rolling your flowers, arrange them and cover the bottoms in hot glue to secure.





Easy Peasy! Now my $1.00 little scarf if ready to brave these frigid (I know I'm dramatic, but dang, it's cold to me after the miserable summer we had!) temps in style!

Lisa  – (November 8, 2010 at 9:16 AM)  

Super cute! I'm so jealous of your warm weather...I could definitely live like that all year rather than the brutal Chicago cold!

Krishna  – (November 8, 2010 at 2:25 PM)  

Super cute scarf! Felt is sooooooooooo easy to work with!
Well I live about 20min from where you are & the weather was frigid this weekend. I think we are supposed to get back to the 70s today & tomorrow. Good ol' Alabama weather, never know how to dress from day to day!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.