Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Dog Art


Several years ago we were dog sitting for my brothers Boston Terrier, Junior. My son who was probably 2 at the time fell in love with him. He just didn't understand why he had to leave. Turns out he didn't. My brother gave him to us. He's really a great dog, minus the occasional "Welcome home. I left you some poop in the floor!". The poor dog has been tortured through family photos, goofy looking sweaters and party hats most recently. He had a Luigi mustache on at one point too but it fell off!


Junior quickly became part of our family but after all these years the only place he could call his was his food bowl and his dog bed so yesterday, I made him a little dog art to liven up his little area.



I started by printing off an animated Boston Terrier clip art, enlarging and cutting into quadrants to fit a 16x20 canvas.

Then I pulled out my graphite paper


and traced the image onto the canvas.

Then it was like a paint by number. I started with the black areas.


Then filled in the white areas.

Then painted the background blue with left over wall paint from my bathroom project.

I think he likes it!




Be sure to check out the link parties in my sidebar to see all the pretties where i am sharing this week!

Unknown  – (January 31, 2011 at 8:28 AM)  

I love love love this! I have a chocolate lab and may need to do something similar! This looks amazing.

the cape on the corner  – (January 31, 2011 at 12:48 PM)  

oh MAN that is so cute! i love it! i found some cheap vinyl that i put by my cat's bowl..it says i love mew. it cracks me up!

Peter George  – (January 31, 2011 at 9:27 PM)  

That's so cute! If I had a dog I would totally copy this project!

Chic Mommy  – (February 4, 2011 at 5:52 PM)  

I love this....I might have to try this. We have a boston too...his name is Derby

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com  – (April 15, 2011 at 9:13 PM)  

So cute! You have so many great projects on your site. Hopefully my linking to you 623 times will help increase your followers! :) This time I am linking to you on the Decor Hacks & Dollar Store Crafts facebook pages.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.