Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

No Sew Scarf Tutorial


I saw this idea somewhere but for the life of me can't figure out where, so I'm apologizing for not giving credit where it's due. I don't understand why I only have 1,300 blogs in my reader and can't find it again?!

This scarf is super easy to make. All you need is maybe 20 minutes, 3 t-shirts and a pair of scissors (Why can't I spell that without spell check? It gets me every time!).

I started with 3 cotton knit t-shirts. I used a black, a blue and and black and white stripe.

Lay your shirts out and cut the bottom hem off just above the hem line.


Cut them into strips about 3/4"-1" wide. No ruler required. You don't have to be precise. Just cut them up.

Once you have all your strips cut, take one, give it a big ole' stretch and wrap it around your fingers like this.

Lay them out and keep going.



Once you get all your strips wound up, grab those hems that you cut off. Cut those into 4"-5" strips.



Use those smaller pieces to chain all your loops together. Just a simple knot will do.

And wa-la (that's voila for you you sophisticated folks)! You have a super soft and funky new scarf.



Now go grab a few t's from your yard sale/donate pile and get to cutting!

Be sure to check out the link parties in my sidebar to see all the pretties where i am sharing this week!

Brittany  – (February 4, 2011 at 1:58 AM)  

it's from kevinandamanda.com :) i saw this tute a while back on there and loved it too :) love it!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.