Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Laundry Bag... meet the seam ripper.




Apparently some boutique donated a ton of new, really cute, monogrammed and personalized items to the thrift store recently. They had tons of laundry bags, aprons, laptop cases, tote bags.

I picked up this laundry bag.

It would be great if I was an Ole Miss fan... but I'm not.

So Laundry Bag... meet the seam ripper.

I picked out the applique patch in about 2 minutes and you can't even tell it was there.

I don't have anything against navy and white polka dots but it needed something more. I grabbed this piece of blue fabric from my scrap bag and ironed on some of this Ultra Heat N' Bond by the package directions.

Then cut out a cute little K with my Cricut. Cricut, will you marry me? You are so neat and efficient and make me smile.

I know the package of Heat N' Bond says "No Sew" but I decided to do it anyway. I'm a rebel like that. It wasn't super easy to do and my lines aren't exactly what you would call straight but it works. In hindsight, I could have put the monogram at the top to make it a little easier to top stitch around the letter.

Isn't it cute? This will be perfect for traveling when you have a weeks worth of dirty laundry to get back home. It's much better than the typical Glad bag that I
usually transport dirty laundry in.





Don't let a little monogramming scare you off from a thrift store/yard sale item! Most of the time it can be picked out and be as good as new again!

Be sure to check out the link parties in my sidebar to see all the pretties where I am sharing this week!

Krishna  – (February 2, 2011 at 11:10 AM)  

Very cute! To get monogramming out of something you can get hair clippers (the ones they buzz guys heads with) & on the back of the garment cut the threads & the threads will pull right out. I have been buying monogrammed clothing at consignment sales for my girls for $4 or less for big name designers & taking out the monogramming & remonogramming them!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.