Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Valentine's Wreath



I picked up this sapphire beauty at the thrift store the other day. I'm thinking this was a wedding decoration or something because there were several of them there. I'll give them an A for effort because they used about 10 yards of tulle to cover this dang thing but that's about it. Not even the little pearls were helping it. I knew it had good bones though so I snagged one up.


After I unwrapped the 10 yards of tulle I was left with a nice heart shaped wreath form.


So I just grabbed a feather boa that I snagged from my mom's house the other day and wrapped it around and secured the ends with a bread tie. Resourceful I am!

I'm kinda not liking that the feathers are so crazy its a bit harder to see the heart shape. What do you think? Does it pass for a heart or look like a goofy looking circle?

Be sure to check out the link parties tab in my sidebar to see where I am sharing this week!

Cindi  – (February 10, 2011 at 11:12 AM)  

LOVE it! I think you can totally tell it's a heart. It's super cute!

Lacey McKay  – (February 10, 2011 at 1:49 PM)  

Definitely looks like a heart! So cute!

Leigh the sewing diva  – (February 10, 2011 at 1:57 PM)  

i love it! i could tell it was a heart! if you get bored with it send it my way it would match my craft room perfectly!!
come visit my giveaway
Leigh at The Sewing Diva

Beth Eaton  – (February 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM)  

I LOVE the feathers on it and I can totally still tell it's a heart! Awesome! I am your newest follower. I love your blog so far! Can't wait to read some more!

Brittany  – (February 13, 2011 at 4:45 PM)  

Definitely passes for a heart! Love it!!

Dollar Store Crafter  – (April 16, 2011 at 2:31 PM)  

WOW.............I Just Love It !!! You Turned An (sorry) Ugly To A Pretty !!!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.