Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Did Pottery Barn Knock off My Pretties?

I was flipping through the Pottery Barn catalog when I saw these moss covered monogram letters.


Image from PotteryBarn.com
Hold up now Pottery Barn. Pump your breaks! I made one of these over a year ago for my wedding decor.

And mine is better. Exhibit A. Mine doesn't carry an $80.00 price tag. It cost about $10.00 to make. Exhibit B. Mine will last forever. Exhibit C. I'm awesome. Okay, well, maybe that one is a draw, but still, if you are drooling over these, just make them.

I started with one of those gold leaf letters from Hobby Lobby like this ($5.00).


And also a package of reindeer moss.


Just start hot gluing it until the letter is covered and hang with a pretty ribbon.


Bags4Bubbles  – (March 9, 2011 at 7:20 PM)  

Followed your link from another blog (love the name of you blog, LOL!!) - and I agree yours is better! So pretty! I may have to try this in the Spring.

Di
http://momsgotabrandnewbag.blogspot.com/

Chynna  – (March 9, 2011 at 8:38 PM)  

I love how you post the prices what your crafts cost! I am in college and on a very tight budget...but I LOVE to craft! Hopefully my craft blog will be up and running soon. Thanks for all of your fun ideas!

http://tychynhansen.blogspot.com/

Beth Eaton  – (March 9, 2011 at 10:35 PM)  

I do think that yours looks fabulous! I am goign to have to make one myself! I love the idea of the moss for spring AND I dont' want to spend the Pottery Barn $.

Heather  – (March 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM)  

I love this! I can't believe you made it first - that's so funny! I think I'm going to make one!

M.O.T.B  – (March 11, 2011 at 12:48 PM)  

You are right, this looks great!

Mary HK  – (March 26, 2011 at 1:37 AM)  

exhibit D: You are hilarious! thanks for sharing.

Angela  – (April 10, 2012 at 11:35 AM)  

I love this! :) So cool! I need to make one for the front door- like now! ;) ha ha

mommyoftwo247.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.