Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

The Dilemma

I bought a cardboard P from Joann's a while back. Every vignette I put together I always tried to use it but it wouldn't stand up on its own.



Top heavy I guess and it would always fall over. Back to the container of random things it went. Then my light bulb went off. (Glad to know that bulb isn't blown! All it needed was weighted down so I punched out a hole in the bottom if it.



Then put 2 penny rolls in the bottom of it.



Tape up the bottom and a coat of satin nickel spray paint and it's ready to use!

Wendy  – (March 8, 2011 at 1:54 PM)  

What a fabulous idea!!! I have a bunch of these in my basement just waiting to be "weighed down" :)

Heather  – (March 9, 2011 at 12:22 AM)  

Ha ha! That P is so funny, falling over :-P Nice creative solution!

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com  – (April 15, 2011 at 9:07 PM)  

Hee hee, I'm having a great time linking to you today! :) I linked this one up at the dollar store crafts FB fan page: http://facebook.com/dollarstorecrafts

Christine  – (April 15, 2011 at 9:23 PM)  

Very smart solution--genius in fact!

Coleen McCrea Katz  – (April 15, 2011 at 10:38 PM)  

What a great idea! I can think of a thousand ways to use this!!! Spell out JOY or NOEL at Christmas for the holidays. Spell our a child's name in their room. OMG!!! Fantastic!!!

Coley  – (April 15, 2011 at 10:38 PM)  

I have this problem - what a brilliant solution!

Unknown  – (April 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM)  

Very very very creative idea. I don't know if that's something I could have thought up.

Great job!

Marianne & Clayton  – (April 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM)  

Just found your blog from Decor Hacks and have been enjoying scrolling back. I love your ideas and this one is genius! Our last name initial is F, so we have this same problem. Thanks!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.