Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

Hello Kitty

On one of my recent thrift store visits, I found this framed canvas hidden behind a bunch of ugly frames.

Since we aren't cat people and the hubs is allergic, a painted kitty is the only kind I can bring into the house but unfortunately I can't say I have a place to hang a portrait of the Queen of Sheba. For $0.99, I couldn't pass it up though.




I decided I was going to make a chunky frame cork board with it. After a little push, the canvas popped right out of the frame just like I had hoped. Yay! I gave the frame a coat of Robin's Egg Blue acrylic and let her dry.



While the frame was drying, I cut a piece of cork to fit the canvas and glued it down. Then I was ready to reframe the canvas and hand it up! But first, I decided to add a little foam monogram that I had lying around.



Now I have a place for all the eleventy billion notes, reminders and schedules that we get each week.



*No kitties were harmed in the making of this project*

Be sure to check out all the parties I am sharing at this week!

Mallory  – (April 8, 2011 at 3:01 PM)  

I was pretty intrigued to see what you were planning to do with that kitty pic! Love the cork board! :)

Boden  – (April 8, 2011 at 11:02 PM)  

Very cute! The monogram adds just the extra little oomph the frame needed! I'd love for you to pop by my blog sometime, www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.