Hello & Welcome to My Pretties!
I'm so glad you stopped by to see what is going on in my little world of DIYing, crafting, building, sewing and repurposing. Please say hello and let me know you came by. Be sure to leave your blog address in your comment so I can be inspired by you too! If you like what you see, be sure to click the little "Follow this Blog" link over there on the right.

This post is brought to you by the number 1

Number 1 for first grade. Most people grumble at the thoughts of first grade "projects." Not me! I love doing helping with the projects. The latest project should have been easy peasy for a creative person who may or may not have a blog about all things creative. I was stumped though. The note that was sent home said something along the lines of "invent or improve on an existing invention." Parental help was requested (Thank God!) I know Mrs. Short totally knows I do all his projects so having her blessing to "help" on this one made me feel a little less guilty. I have been putting it off for a few days because I couldn't really think of anything. Well, being due Thursday, the pressure was on. It was hard. You try to invent something. I mean, I'm not Milton Bradley. So I get to thinking and decide that I we are going to make a home for these.



The lonely lost sock whose mate has either been abducted by the washing machine black hole or gotten fed up with being stuffed into a dark, smelly place and decided to make a run for it (pun intended)! Maybe there is some alternate universe where there are thousands of unmatched socks celebrating their escape. I dunno. I can't blame them. I wouldn't want to be a sock either.


Anyway, back to the point. I made a holder for all the missing socks that will hang in the laundry room so that hopefully they will one day be reunited with their mate. If they hang around too long, I guess they will eventually go to the trash but at least I'll be able to find the other one before it gets lost too if the other one decides to resurface.

It was simple to make and I had everything I needed on hand. I used a pizza pan from Dollar Tree since it was magnetic. I cut out the "Missing Socks" using my Cricut, SCAL and my Expressions Vinyl then mod podged some cute scrapbook paper to the fronts of clothes pins with magnetic strips on the back. Then I drilled 2 holes in the pizza pan to hang a ribbon through. It seriously took me longer to find my magnets than it did to make this.



Of course these 3 socks have their matches since I bought them especially for demonstration purposed for this project so now I'm off to raid our drawers for the 57 actual unmatched socks we have stashed away!

Visit the link parties above where I'll be sharing this week!

Mallory  – (April 6, 2011 at 7:59 AM)  

Great idea! So cute! Love seeing the teeny socks!

Carly {Honey and the Moon}  – (May 5, 2011 at 11:21 PM)  

This is SO cute! I'm a new follower here. Loving what I'm seeing. x

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley  – (December 26, 2011 at 10:08 PM)  

I love this idea - such a great solution to the age old problem of missing socks. I saw the picture on Pinterest and decided to make one myself. Feel free to wander over to my blog and check it out.

BeanBugCrafts  – (January 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM)  

I really love this idea! When I go about redoing my laundry room, I'm definitely going to include this! I featured your great idea in my 2012 New Years Goals Post. You can find the feature here: http://beanbugcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/01/2012-and-new-years-goals.html

Again, Thanks for sharing!

Amy  – (January 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM)  

Hi Kristy,
I saw this project pinned on Pinterest. I could not stop thinking about how cute it was. I made a couple and referenced you on my blog. Thank you for the inspiration!
Now I am going to check our more of your blog.

Elisabeth  – (July 9, 2012 at 9:13 PM)  

I found your too cute project through pinterest. I made one (but I didn't do the project justice compared to yours gal!) but I linked back to you on my blog post....I hope this was ok!!

Elisabeth
www.missdelk.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Let me know what you think or just say hi and let me know you stopped by.